How to Change your Address with USPS


Are you moving to a new location? And you want to change your address with USPS (United States Postal Service)? You are reading the right article, specifically written to help you out on this. Changing your address shouldn’t have to be a hectic job. In fact, with proper guidance from, you can do it easily without spending a few extra bucks on companies that offer this service.

In this article, you will learn a step-by-step guide on how to  go about it, If you follow it meticulously, you won’t experience any  complications that you will face, if you do it without getting properly  informed.

So, let’s delve right into it now–here is what you should do;

You need to let the postal service know that you want to change your  address. And that all your mails should be forwarded to your new  location. The truth is, there are two options to take;

1. You can go to What you can do here is to change your current location online. And if you want to consider speed and convenience, it  is the easiest and fastest way to do it. If this option is what you chose, you will get an immediate email that will confirm the change.

However,there is something you should know: You will be charged $1 to change it to your new location. Also, you will need a debit or a credit card, and a functional or valid email address. Wonder what the $1 charge is for? It is simply for identity verification. It was done that way to prevent fraud. This will make them to know that it is actually you who is making the change.

You do not need to pay any company to do it for you. Some will charge up to $40, if not more! And if you are following, you will know that you can do it for far less: $1! The rest is yours to keep, obviously. So, head on to Wait! Before you do, you should read the other option too! It could prove very useful to some people.

2. This option has to do with your local post office; Go there. What you will be requesting for is a mover’s guide packet. You will find the PS form 3575 inside. This is what you will do when you get the packet: fill it out–It’s the change of address form. When you are done, cross check for accuracy. If you are certain that you have done it correctly, you should give the form to the postal worker. S/he will be behind the counter.

Alternatively, you can drop the form into the letter mail slot that is inside the post office. Are you done? Yes! All that you will do now is to wait to receive a confirmation letter.

Remember, the letter will be received at your new location. How long are you going to wait for it? In five business days, you ought to have received it. If for any reason you do not receive it in five business days, something is wrong! The best course of action would be to go to the post office and inquire.

However, if you fill the form appropriately, this will not happen. So, that is how you change your address with the USPS. Good luck (if you will need it)!